Saturday, September 19, 2009

Demystifying Hinduism

When I was a child, I always preferred books over sports. That was the time when I read Puranha, shrimadbhagvat, Ramayana, Ramcharitamanasa, and many religious books. My nanaji(maternal grandfather) Pt. Mohanlalji Sharma, a teacher by profession, always encouraged me to read Kalyana and other religious publication. I can distinctly recall many stories told by him,mainly related with Krishna. I always wanted to be second Krishna. We used to visit nanaji’s place every summer, Bharatpur, 50km from Mathura, Krishna’s place, my birthplace. I used to visit many temples holding hand of my naniji, Hanuman’s, Radhaakrishna’s and Gangaji’s temple. I can’t forget ringing bells, musical aartis, sweet Prasad, bhabhoot(holy ash) and beautiful marble made idols of gods and goddesses. My father, a doctor was practicing at Indore. We had a neighbor, Mr L C Jain, a book shop owner. His home was my favorite place, as I used to get lot of books to read namely Panchtantra, Chandamama, Nandan, Parag. These were the books which left a great impression on my personality. When others were busy playing games, I used to engulf myself in books.

As I grew up, I learned that most of the instances depicted in religious books were far from convincing logic, exaggerated. I decided that I shall not be just a reader; rather I shall try to put some light of logic on those unclear instances and stories. My father, a very well read person, is a follower of Arya Samaj, an organization which does not believe in worshipping the idols. They consider God as a superpower, unborn, eternal, without shape. They consider all gods as great persons with ideal and extraordinary qualities. My father (Dr Vedprakash Sharma)’s knowledge of Vedas and Upnishadas helped me further to understand the Hinduism. I also read Holy Kuran, Holy Bible, Buddha and Jain philosophy. There is so much to read that it might take decades to read and understand religions.

I was suugested by a good friend that"every religion is a myth...That's why every book written on a religion is called mythology..Because no one knows the exact truth ..."

Well I think that is not completely true,

Our religion is not mythology(hinduism)

Ved- the word is made up of "VID-GYAAN" of sanskrit, it means knowledge.
Puranha- It means, "that which lives from ancient times"
Upnishad- The sanskrit term upaniá¹£ad derives from upa- (nearby), ni- (at the proper place, down) and sad, that is "sitting down near" a teacher in order to receive instruction"laying siege" to the teacher, as a Scholar puts it. "according to native authorities upanishad means 'setting to rest ignorance by revealing the knowledge of the supreme spirit ".

some people have made it a myth, thats why somebody has to spark a revolution and bring the change in the mindset of the hindu society. It sounds definitely a big task, but "A JOURNEY OF THOUSAND LEAGUES START WITH A SINGLE STEP", may God help me to achieve this endeavor.

God has given me almost everything, now it’s my turn to payback. Materials don’t matter here; therefore I decided to offer the Almighty, a view to clear the mist around Hinduism. In this process I don’t want to hurt anybody. My only motive is to serve my god in my own way. A TRIBUTE TO HINDUISM.

Please visit www.demystifyinghinduism.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Yeh kya bhai? Ekdum philosophy. Khair hum toh vahi ke vahi rahenge naa; isliye ek aur sher mulaahija farmaaiye:

    Yeh Masaile Tasavvuf, yeh tera bayan Ghalib;
    Tuzhe hum vali samazhte, jo na baadakhwaar hota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are bhai! ham bhi kahaan badle hain?
    Jeenaa yahaan marnaa yahaan,
    Iske sivaa jaanaa kahaan,
    jee chaahe jab hamko aawaaz do,
    ham hain vahin ham the jahaan.
    Apane yahin donon jahaan,
    Iske sivaa jaanaa kahaan.

    naa ham kabhi vali the, naa baadakhwaar hue hain
    uske deedaar ki hasrat ne, hamko bhi vahashi kar diyaa

    ReplyDelete