Friday, October 9, 2009

And They Lived Happily Ever After - The Nightmare

“I was looking at her; she was talking to her friends. I could sense her sweet voice like ringing of bells. I was spellbound. Her beautiful face was like a princess, fair, pink, big light blue eyes like deep waters. Her neck movements brought her golden brown hair on her forehead. She whistled them away with a puff. Suddenly she turned and started marching towards me. Her friends followed her. She stopped in front of me and opened her mouth with angry voice ‘What do you think of yourself? How dare you follow me everywhere? Don’t cross your limits you stupid.’ My ears, cheeks and the whole body were turning red and felt like burning. I could not utter a single word. ‘Who has given admission to these Hindi speaking villagers?’ she turned and went away with her giggling friends. I woke up, sweating and still feeling hot. Hot glare of sun was falling on my body.” I woke him up as he was very uneasy and sweating. I was listening curiously to Mahesh. This has happened innumerable times. Every time he went to the bed, he had the same dream.

Mahesh and I are friends for more than 14 years. I took admission in Sandipani Jr. College at Jaipur. There were two people; I met on the very first day of my college. I can not forget them, one was Mahesh. I found him sitting next to me on the bench at the class.

“Hello! I am Kkrishna” I said.

“ Haan? Hello, I am Mahesh,” He said.

“Mahesh?” I enquired with a smile.

“yes, Mahesh” he was nervous, shaking his leg continuously.

He was from a small village near Jaipur. There were no facilities for further studies after SSC; therefore he came to Jaipur to continue his education. He wanted to become a teacher, as teacher and the post master were the only person at the village who were educated and respected a lot. He was a simple, thin, medium height boy with wheatish complexion and lot of oil in his hair. Anybody could recognize him with the fragrance of amla oil in his hair. We were allotted the same room in the hostel. He was hard working and intelligent. He finished his high school in Hindi medium. He stood first in rural division. That was the reason his parents decided to send him to the big city so he could become something. Second unforgettable person was a girl.

She was fair, tall, breathtakingly beautiful with big blue eyes and golden brown hairs cut in steps up to shoulders. She walked like a princess, straight and carried poise, her name was Ms Paro Singh. Mahesh and I watched her with our mouth open. Nobody could ignore her presence. Her soft and sweet voice added with an English accent made her unique. She belonged to a different world. Her friends and she used to speak continuously in English and laugh a lot at other people who could not speak English. When some senior boys asked some questions to our batch, she was very confident. Mahesh fumbled with words and then spoke in Hindi. That made seniors and group of the girls laugh.

Paro, Mahesh and I were in the same group for practical. Mahesh was very particular with studies. His practical records were always up to date. His drawing was very good. Paro always asked for his practical records to complete her practical book. One fine day I noticed, a pencil sketch was drawn on Mahesh’s copy; I recognized at once, it was Paro’s sketch. It was a very good sketch, so alive as real Paro. Mahesh never showed it to anybody. Paro once invited us at her house for her birthday. Mahesh drew a beautiful portrait of her. We laminated it and gifted her. She was very happy to receive such a beautiful gift with personal touch and she declared it the most precious gift among so many expensive presents.
Contd....

No comments:

Post a Comment